My husband can’t take the heat in his food and am just the opposite, so you can imagine how many problems I face while making the recipe call for hot sauce.
Then I experiment with my food; I won’t ruin it, though. I come up with these Six Easy non-spicy substitutes for hot sauce, Asian Chili Garlic is one of them also my favorite.
If you or your partner can’t stand the heat like my husband, then these alternatives are just for you. So keep scrolling.
What is the mildest hot sauce?
Hot sauce is a condiment basically made from various chili pepper to increase the heat level and combination with other ingredients for the flavor like garlic, ginger tomato, and so on… Hot sauce is used in the various cooking processes, seasoning, making salsa, etc.
For mildest hot sauce is Tabasco Sauce, whose Scoville scale rate is 2,500 and 5,000. Again Chipotle and Green Jalapeño are the mildest sauces available.
6 Best Non Spicy Substitute For Hot Sauce
Non-spicy hot sauce is excellent for those who can’t tolerate heat but want to enjoy spicy foods. The best Non-Spicy Substitute for hot sauces are…
a Combination of Plum sauce with any hot sauce, Spicy kick tomato sauce, Harissa sauce, Regular tomato sauce with chili pepper, Asian chili garlic sauce, or you can make your own homemade non-spicy hot sauce.
1. PLUM SAUCE with HOT SAUCE
Our first sauce that substitutes non-spicy hot sauce is a combination with hot sauce. It is easy to mix condiments; just take three portions of plum sauce and one portion of any hot sauce available in your kitchen.
If you want less spicy, just take the minimum amount of hot sauce. Use this sauce in any recipe; use it as a dipping sauce, pasta, tortilla, anything. Refrigerate it to extend its shelf life.
2. SPICY TOMATO SAUCE- Best Non Spicy Alternative to Hot Sauce
I’m pretty much sure you heard before about spicy tomato sauce. Trust me, Spicy tomato sauce is an excellent substitute for non-spicy hot sauce in any recipe.
The best part about spicy tomato sauce is- it is spicy and tangy at the same time. This non-spicy alternative gives a new zest to your taste buds. Use either a 1:1 ratio or whatever you want.
3. HARISSA SAUCE – Decent Non-Spicy Replacement for Hot Sauce
Harissa sauce is a Tunisian chili pepper relish titled after the location of Harissa on the Mediterranean coast. Roasted red peppers, garlic, olive oil, and spices are commonly used.
Harissa sauce is a Tunisian culinary classic and delectable addition to any meal. You can find it in any online store.
4. TOMATO SAUCE with RED PEPPER- Easy Substitute for Non- Spicy Hot Sauce
Do you have tomato sauce in your hand! Awesome. Grab the bottle and take it out in a cup. Fill the cup with more than three portions, then add one tablespoon red pepper.
Mix the thing, and here your the best non-spicy hot sauce. The chili pepper provides you with a spicy kick with sweet tomato essence. Use this mixture in your favorite recipe, salsa, stew, soup, etc.
5. ASIAN CHILI GARLIC SAUCE Another Excellent Alternative for Hot sauce
Asian Chili Garlic sauce mainly originated from Vietnamese and Chinese cuisine. Asian Chili Garlic Sauce is perfect who can’t take hot sauce heat. It contains medium spiciness with Garlic essence.
It is easy to find, or you can make it at home. You can use Asian Chili Garlic Sauce in Noodles, soup, sandwiches, as a dipping sauce, or any recipe.
6. MAKE YOUR OWN NON SPICY SAUCE
If you don’t find any of the substitutes above the list, try to make a non-spicy hot sauce on your own.
- · 1 cup tomato sauce
- · 1 tbsp. olive oil
- · ⅓ cup white vinegar
- · 1 tbsp. sugar
- · 1 tsp. salt
- · 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- · 1 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- · 1 tsp. garlic powder ( Garlic powder Alternatives)
1) In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients.
2) Bring to a simmer, then cook for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
3) Serve over your favorite pasta dish.
[amazon box=”B096H9RDKK” title=”Best 5 in 1 Instant Pot for Easy cooking” rating=”4.7″]
Can I make the hot sauce without peppers?
Yes, you can make the hot sauce without peppers. It’s totally possible. And it still has that fantastic taste.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 jar of pepper free hot chili sauce
- 1 can of crimini mushrooms (diced)
- 2 diced onions or substitutes
- one clove of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- Ground clove or its substitutes
Instructions: -Heat the pan to medium and add onions and garlic
-after the onions are cooked (this will only take like 5 minutes), add mushrooms and wait until they brown on their own.
-add the sauce and let it cook for another 5 minutes. That’s it! You don’t even need to serve with anything. It’s a great sauce to use for pasta if you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner.
It’s not that it can’t be done! And in fact, the sauce will taste just as good without them!
What can be used in place of Tabasco sauce?
There are a few different things that can be used in place of Tabasco sauce, depending on what you’re looking for.
1. If you want something spicy, you can use sriracha sauce or chili garlic sauce.
2. You can use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar for something with more of a vinegary taste.
3. For a mix of spicy and sour, you can use rice vinegar and alternatives or cider vinegar with hot sauce.
4. If all else fails, there’s always Tabasco sauce, and of course, if you don’t like spicy foods at all, there’s no need for this recipe.
Read More- Try using these Tabasco sauce substitutes
What is a non-spicy alternative to Sriracha?
Sriracha is so popular that everyone knows about it. But if you’ve been looking for a non-spicy alternative to Sriracha, I’m sure everyone knows the challenge.
It’s one of those things that must be seen to be believed.
So I’ve put together a list of non-spicy alternatives to Sriracha and some other hot sauces that made me think of.
So, here we go!
[amazon box=”B00TH8EK34″ rating=”4.9″]
1. Nando’s Peri-Peri sauce
Nando’s Peri-Peri Sauce is one of the non-spicy alternatives to Sriracha that I highly recommend. Peri-Peri sauce is spicy and delicious, just like Sriracha.
It’s made from chili peppers (most likely cayenne pepper or bird’s eye chili), vinegar, onions, salt, herbs, and spices. It is pale orange in color with a thick texture.
2. Cholula Garlic Hot sauce
This is another non-spicy Substitute for Sriracha that I highly recommend. Cholula is a delicious Mexican garlic sauce with a slight kick of heat.
It’s made from crushed chili peppers, select spices, and salt. It is brown in color with a thick texture.
3. Tapatio hot sauce
Tapatio is another non-spicy Sriracha Substitute that I highly suggest. Tapatio is a classic hot sauce made from chili peppers, salt, garlic, onion, and natural flavors
It is dark orange in color with a thick texture.
4. Caruso Hot Sauce
Caruso is another excellent Mexican hot sauce that I would advise replacing Sriracha. Caruso is a spicy, Italian-style hot sauce made from chili peppers, garlic, salt, onion, and natural flavors. It is orange in color with a thick texture.
5. Salsa Lizano
Salsa Lizano is another non-spicy alternative to Sriracha that is always present on my bucket list. It is light brown in color with a thin texture.
Salsa Lizano is a smooth, mild, and delicious sauce most commonly used in Costa Rican cuisine. The ingredients are not listed on the bottle. Still, there is a list of natural preservatives and extracts for flavor on the nutritional facts label.
[amazon box=”B000IELD9A” title= “Best Kitchen Utensils include flexible turner” rating=”5″]
Best Mild Hot Sauce Recipe
- · 1 1/2cups distilled vinegar (5% acidity)
- · 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper*
- · 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper*
- · 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- · 1 tablespoon sugar
- · 2 teaspoons salt*
- · 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
· 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup) NOTE: Use Cilantrola to get the flavor without the cilantro stems.
Directions:- Makes 1 cup.
Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Cool before using or refrigerating. Keeps indefinitely in the refrigerator.
* NOTE: This is VERY mild! Use about double the cayenne and red pepper flakes to make it hotter. If you want to make a MILD hot sauce that doesn’t taste “hot” at all, eliminate the red pepper flakes altogether. But be warned! It will take away ALL the flavor!
Wrap Up on Substitutes for Non-Spicy Sauce
I hope my non-spicy substitute for the hot sauce list helps you a lot, and you enjoyed reading this writing and found it helpful.
If there are any replacements I have not included in this list, please mention them below and leave me a comment on which you will use first. Don’t forget to share your favorite one who can’t take hot sauce.
FAQs Related to Non-Spicy Sauce & Its Alternatives
Q1. Why is hot sauce not spicy?
The answer to this question is capsaicin, which makes spicy foods hot.
When you add hot sauce to a dish, it becomes spicy by adding flavor. As the capsaicin from the chilies in the sauce interacts with your saliva and tastebuds, it tells your brain that what you’re eating is hot.
Q2. What is the mildest Mexican sauce?
The mildest Mexican sauce is Cholula Hot Sauce with a Scoville rating of 500-1,000 compared to the hottest; another one is Maga (Salsa Maga).
Q3. Which Frank’s hot sauce is the mildest?
Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce is very mild for hot sauce. The Scoville rating for this sauce is 100-900 SHU (Scoville Heat Units), while the other Frank’s RedHot sauces are rated at 2,500-5,000.
Here is a list of the FRANK’S RedHot products with their Scoville ratings:
· Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce 100-900 SHU
· Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce 2,500-5,000 SHU
· Frank’s RedHot Sauce Fire Jalapeno & Garlic 2,500-5,000 SHU
· Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Parmesan Garlic Sauce 2,500-5,000 SHU